Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Drawing From My Imagination

The great gift of drawing is that I get to use my imagination to create a world I want to be part of.  I get to 'say' THIS is what I want to see, to hold, to use, to think, to hear, to be surrounded by.  THIS makes me happy, or comfortable, or safe, or alive.   I want a garden or a hug or a place to go that's safe, quiet, dark, small.  I can draw it even if I can't manage to get it in real life.  But then I have made myself an artist, so now they are real.
I want lots of pink tulips surrounding my house.
I want a view that has positive, encouraging messages emanating from its hills.
I can draw a recording device of soul support messages. You can press a button to hear one.
or a teabag with soul support messages.


or a mug with polka dots and a big red handle.
I have Michele to thank for this.  She draws from her imagination.  I tend to think I 'should' draw from real life...meaning something that's really in front of me.  But this is more fun. Simple. Effortless.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you Deb! Your blog is wonderful and inspiring- just like you. I also love your house- the real one and the imaginary one.

    ReplyDelete