Monday, August 1, 2016

steve in chair

The drawing class structure this week was to focus on drawing a chair, from memory, imagination or real life.  I loved seeing everyone sitting their own unique way in their own unique chairs...I didnt get to draw them all, just steve in the yellow wicker chair.  I love the relationship of people to prop. I started out with blind contour drawing, and was so taken with the odd proportions that I continued drawing steve and chair using blind contour...then i colored the drawings in...so loving that he was wearing solid red hat, solid green shirt, bluejeans, sitting in yellow wicker chair...i could draw people in chairs forever  i thought...STeve's postion of feet caught my attention all morning...and rubbing his hands together as he viewed his drawing.



1 comment:

  1. These are wonderful Deb! I love them and love how your drawings really express a character that is Steve. It makes me really happy to see your drawings. Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete