Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Red Tulip

A poem for the tulip I observe...I notice your color, your scent, your stillness, your movement.  I notice your curves, your lines, your space, the thoughts on my mind.  I notice your shadows, your light, what's open, what's tight.  I notice your beauty, my breath, your life, your death.  I notice the whole of you and each little part, I notice our connection and how you touch my heart.

4 comments:

  1. This is such a feel-good piece. It would make a great poster or card. I like your variation of the grid. And I appreciate your drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the variety, especially the surprise of the black among all the beautiful saturated colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first thought was OH - the color, the scent, the stillness, what's open, what's tight are all part of the tulip. I would never have thought about that. Really marvelous and a beautiful set of drawings all together.

    ReplyDelete