I made this series of 'walking' many years ago. I have always loved and found mysterious that drawing some 'shape', (like a 'wire' or 'trees' or 'clouds') , I manage to find its opposite meaning in its opposite shape.
This is so intriguing. And shows how shape conveys meaning and how changing the shape and the placement of shape changes meaning. really thought-provoking.
Shape and meaning. How we shape meaning. How meaning shapes us. How change connects us with meaning. Just musing. This is really interesting, Deb. I can feel what is going on above, sort of fill in the details just by seeing the shapes below.
Deb, I've always been fascinated by the "feet and striped socks!" Lets the viewer imagine what else is attached to them! So the viewer gets to participate in the work!
This is so intriguing. And shows how shape conveys meaning and how changing the shape and the placement of shape changes meaning.
ReplyDeletereally thought-provoking.
Shape and meaning. How we shape meaning. How meaning shapes us. How change connects us with meaning. Just musing. This is really interesting, Deb. I can feel what is going on above, sort of fill in the details just by seeing the shapes below.
ReplyDeleteDeb, I've always been fascinated by the "feet and striped socks!"
ReplyDeleteLets the viewer imagine what else is attached to them! So the viewer
gets to participate in the work!