Sunday, May 25, 2014

Some Of The Parts

This weeks prompt: whole/part.  I love playing with/exploring this idea of the(emotional) parts of myself.  I have learned that we all share the same parts, expressing them, and using them, differently in the course of our lives.  My 'job' as a human being and as an artist is to (ideally) integrate all parts of myself so that each becomes a resource, not a problem.  I mean that for shame, for anger, for fear, laziness, all of them.  They each have an energy, a vital lifeforce that I can 'channel' in ways that serve me and those around me. Honoring each part of me, accepting each part of me is a practice, a challenge, a worthwhile way to spend my life.

This piece, called 'Some Of The Parts' I made many years ago.  Visually I love seeing them all together.  Then I got a kick out of adding string and photographing them on people.




2 comments:

  1. I love what you wrote and seeing the text paired with these images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, your words describe the images in a way that makes them more whole to me and has a beauty that deepens the visual experience too.

    ReplyDelete