Monday, June 2, 2014

Distorting Language

The prompt this week is 'distortion'.  Language can be easily 'distorted'.  And wreck my life! Or encourage my life!  If I say 'I am a failure', that makes me feel not so great.  And is a distorted(partial) view of me and 'reality'.
If I say 'I failed at cooking this chicken' or ' I failed at making this work of art',
my mind is more open, relaxed, I can expand on that.
'Oh I experimentedI took a riskI made an effortI had courageI learned something about myself and chickenI have a story to tell'.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, helpful to me today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I wrote something about this post on Monday. Well - obviously not. I loved it. I loved that you wrote that language can be easily distorted. And I loved the examples that you use. This is so perceptive and has stayed with me all week.

    ReplyDelete