Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Once Upon A Time There Was A Tree

I spent the last several hours contemplating 'details'.  What should I draw?  What interests me to look at?  I sketched a few things, slowing down, but feeling 'lost'.  Then I started to write 'once upon a time there was a tree.  once upon a time there was a big tree, once upon a time there was a purple tree'... as  I wrote I became thoroughly, delightedly engaged, and surprisingly 'lost' in changing the details of this once upon a time tree.  I marvel that I can change one simple detail and  the whole story changes.  Good to find 'my way'.



3 comments:

  1. This is thoroughly delightfully wonderful. It's just great. i love it. How the words are written to echo the meaning of the words...i delighted in all the different trees - i felt free, opened up by how the story gives room for the trees to be different - each in their own particular way. And how wonderful you found your particular way in doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lotta great tree's, Deb! I too love how you manipulated the text. How do you get text to dance??? Must be magic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you say is so true; the power is truly in the details. One word can open a whole new story line. Also, I love tree stories.

    ReplyDelete